The Pid Army is both the newest & oldest standing supporters group of the Colorado Rapids. We’re the new name of the monster crew created by merging the 2 oldest groups in the Rapids supporters section. The Pid Army is made up of fanatical fans of the Rapids and of the game of soccer in general. We are the type who are only interested in going to the game if we can stand, sing, party and celebrate the game we love. We reside in the North Terraces at DSGP and aim to grow our new fantastic section into the best place in the United States for fanatical fans to watch the sport we love and push the Rapids to victory (so we can celebrate more!).
United we stand, and we ALWAYS stand! Up the Terraces!
want some tidbits about the Pid Army? what we are about? what we do? Well here you go:
- The Pid Army has really only 2 simple goals. Have fun and cheer on the Rapids (loudly). Everything we should do should support these 2 goals. If we aren’t having a blast, something is wrong, and let’s change things up so we do.
- We have no membership dues. The things we do or buy are paid for by contributions from members and sometimes from money we can get from the Rapids and or the MLS who stand behind our efforts..
- This group will be what we make it. If you want to do more, speak up and tell us what you are interested in and good at. We’ll let you get more involved.
- We invite members of all ages to join (anyone that can sit in the Terraces that is, which means over 18). You don’t need to be old enough to go to a bar, as we party in the parking lot! 18-20 year olds are rockin’ and loud, so we’re cool with you. And if you are member and have kids who are teenagers, whatever, they can yell with us too (as long as you don’t try and censure us)
- We do the tailgate thing alongside Class VI and any other supporters groups that join in, and we put on the best free tailgate in the MLS. There is one rule, if you DON’T bring food or whatever to the tailgate, CHIP I N SOME MONEY to help pay for the beers and such. Nothing at the Pid Army or Class VI tailgate is free, so contribute.
- No membership meetings. We may send out emails like this, talk on facebook and twitter, etc. but we don’t want things to get boring, so no meetings like at work. We can get together to talk about how to get things done if people want though, it’s up to you.
- We are not fancy. as a matter of fact, we like to be a little bit gritty, a bit underground, a bit rebellious and street.
- We lead by example. We are the group the DOES, not one that talks about it and sometimes shows up.
Go to www.pidarmy.com to learn more.
Find us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pid-Army/
and on twitter: PidArmy