Much like soccer, poker is a truly international game. No matter where you come from or what language you speak all you need is a deck of cards, some poker chips and the wit to out-last and out-duel your opponent to take home the chipstack.
With that international flavor in mind Class VI and the Pid Army are excited to announce THE charity event of the summer – a poker tournament to benefit the relief and rebuilding efforts of post-tsunami Japan!
Everyone loves a good poker match – and as Rapids fans we know you all love our rock-star right back, Kosuke Kimura. We can’t give you the chance to defeat his solid defending talents (not that you could!) but we are pumped to offer you the opportunity to get him All-In….and make him bust in our charity poker tournament. That’s right! Kosuke Kimura will be our special guest of honor at the poker tables showing all our participants that when it comes to cards, he’s not just a defender. And he’s not our only celebrity participant – Paul Bravo will put his poker prowess to the test at the table as well.
Excited yet? Good! Here are the details:
- To be held at the Celtic Tavern, Saturday, June 2nd
- Registration begins at 6:00 PM, Tournament play begins at 7:00 PM
- $50 buy-in, limited to 45 seats sold
- If you bust in the first 30 minutes you can re-buy in for $25
- Tournament winner wins a FULL SEASON TICKET for 2013 in Section 108 or the Terraces – your choice!
- 2nd place finisher gets a team-signed Kosuke Kimura game jersey
- Other team-signed gear as a “Bounty Prize” if you knock out Kosuke Kimura or Paul Bravo from the tournament
- $3 Killians
- $3.50 Harp
- $3.50 Bushmills
And the best part is – all funds raised will go to the disaster victims in Japan, through the Japanese Red Cross!
Sound pretty fun, huh? Well don’t waste time! Seats are highly limited so sign up now!